Brightwing and New Horizons are teaming up to help you market your IT skills. Join us for a day of FREE workshops that are sure to make you stand out from the crowd!
Are you looking for a job in IT? Have you taken courses to further your experience? Brightwing and New Horizons are working together to make sure you are not only prepared for your tech job search, but that you are confident in yourself as well as your resume.
In addition to our breakout sessions, New Horizons will be raffling off an iPad Mini, and Brightwing will be raffling off a $300 gift card to Micro Center!
The event will be held on May 21, 2014 at the New Horizon’s Livonia Campus 14115 Farmington Rd, Livonia, MI, 48154. Event starts at 8:30 and goes until 12:30.
9am – Sign-in & Networking
- Coffee and light snacks will be served
- Meet with Brightwing recruiters and representatives from New Horizons
9:30 am – 10:15 am – Personal Branding Workshop
- What to wear to an interview – Get all your questions answered
- How to effectively use social media to enhance your personal brand and tricks to help you get found. We will cover LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
10:30 am – 11:15 am – Get the Most out of your Recruiter Relationship
- How to identify a good recruiter
- Tips to help you steer clear of bad recruiters
- Propel your career forward by creating a life-long relationship with your recruiter
11:30-12:15 – Resume Writing/Interviewing Skills
- Resume Writing: Beyond the Basics
- Real world tips for preparing for today’s toughest interviews
- After the interview: What to say and do to ensure you make it to step 2 and beyond
Looking for a job right now? Get a head start by checking out our IT jobs and applying on our website! You can also set up job alerts to make sure you never miss out on a job opportunity.